Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Next Generation

Our La Dolce Vita club members have been privy to some insider information that was included with their last wine shipment.



Now it’s time to let the rest of the wine drinking world in on what’s going on. Here’s the scoop from our club postcard:

“For awhile now I’ve had the pleasure of making wine with one of the most detail-oriented and determined cellar hands around. My right-hand man, Markus Niggli, has been a sponge, soaking up what I’ve spouted off from my years of hits and misses. Knowledge has also seeped into his head from a bunch of other up-and-coming winemakers/growers.”

“His excitement for winemaking is infectious. Makes me feel like I’m looking at a mirror when I first fell under the influence of “the wine bug.” You just want to crush every grape you taste to see if it makes a good wine or not.”

“I’m therefore happy to promote Markus to winemaker, responsible for the next generation of Borra wines you’ll be drinking from here on out.”

“As for me, I still get to hop on the tractor and work the vines, stick my nose in some barrels, give my two bits of feedback whenever I want, and - the best part! - twist caps off our latest Zin and Petite for plenty of ‘quality control.’ Salute!”

- Steve Borra

So next time you see Markus, give him a congratulatory pat on the back before you ask him to pour you his latest creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment