Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Vineyard Happenings

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

I thought you might like to see what's happening on the ranch this time of year, so here are a couple of pictures:

The frosty morn at Lake Gill at our Gill Creek Ranch picnic area. Only 28 degrees F. Kinda cold for us here in Lodi, though not quit as cold as my recent trip to Minnesota at 14 degrees below with chill factor. Now that's cold!

That is our worker, Platon, on the very smallest of my tractors weed spraying the Chardonnay at Gill Creek Ranch. Believe it or not, that little Kubota tractor has been covering about 450 acres of vineyard every year for the past 13 years. I bought it from my brother-in-law for $2,500 and expected it to die many years ago - after all it's just a toy.

Well, I've just spent valuable time talking tractors when I should be talking WINE! But that little four-wheeled guy is a very important part of our winemaking process, as great wines are made in the vineyard.

Happy New Year!

Ciao for now!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment